After two weeks of putting zucchini into everything we eat (patties, cakes, breads, stuffed zucchini, BBQ-ed zucchini, and so on), I found the best recipe yet, for Zucchini Cheese Scones.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter (I only had olive oil, worked very well too)
- 2 1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix (bisquick)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, beaten (I suspect two eggs might be slightly better, makes it a little more scone like)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (I put in two cups, just to get rid of more, and that worked out fine)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese ( I only had Huntsman, which was perfect, as it combines a stilton (blue) and double gloucester (somewhat like cheddar)
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted (Here’s where I suggest a possibly great alternative: BACON pieces!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Saute onion in butter, til tender.
3. Combine all ingredients, folding in the zucchini, cheese and almonds (or bacon) last.
4. Stick it in the oven in a round pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees. Slice into wedges, serve with butter. SCRUMPTIOUS!